How to Dress the Rectangle Body Type
This is the 4th in a series of posts on how to dress your body type. Today I’m focusing on the rectangle body type.
If you missed some of the past articles here they are:
Rectangle Body Type
The rectangle body type is fairly straight up and down. It’s like the hourglass but without the cinched waist. It’s long and lean and sometimes called an “athletic body shape”.
You are a rectangle if your measurements show these results:
- Bust, waist, and hips are similar measurement
- Straighter shoulder line
- Straight rib cage & flat bottom
- Very little waist definition
- Same as slender rectangle, but more sturdy and strong
- More solid looking limbs
- Carries weight evenly over body, not just around the waist for example
The rectangle is one of the easier body types to dress. A lot of different styles tend to fit the rectangle. If you are a rectangle, the most important style tip is to create the illusion of curves and a pleasing silhouette. You do this by defining your waist and adding curves to your top and your bottom.
You should avoid…
- Boxy jackets or coats, double breasted jackets
- Shapeless clothes that hang in straight lines from top to toe
- Rectangle shape bags or cloth bags
- Cropped pants as they create straight lines cross shin
- Straight skirts of any length
Here are some styles that are perfect for the rectangle.
Highlight What Makes You Feel Confident & Beautiful
Many models have a rectangle body shape or the inverted triangle. Famous celebrity rectangle shapes are Cameron Diaz, Nicole Kidman, and Demi Moore.
Remember, I have provided you a few styling tips – not hard fast rules. The most important tip I can give is to always wear clothes that make you feel good and that send the messages you want sent. You will be the most beautiful when you feel good on the inside and wear your clothes with confidence!